Thursday, May 10, 2012

May CurlBox Birthday Edition Reveal

CurlBox $20 per month subscription service
available at http://www.curlbox.com



What I saw when I opened the box


OMG!!!!! Look at all those full sized products!!!!!!

What was in my May CurlBox
-  Elasta QP Mango Moisturizer- FULL SIZE
-  Design Essentials Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion- FULL SIZE
-  Kynx Softening Cream Cleanser- FULL SIZE
-  Habbi Vanilla& Rose Body Balm (pretty good size)
-  Luster's Renutrients Slick Stick
-  Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Hair Masque packet
-  Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil packet
-  Organic Root Stimulator Hair Repair Anti-Breakage Creme packet
-  Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter Hair & Scalp Lotion packet
-  Love the Journey Journal <~~~~ Super Cute I cant wait to write in it.

This months CurlBox is unbelievable! I mean look at this picture!!! Ok before I get into what is in the box let me tell you how I came to be a subscriber.  I first heard about CurlBox back around the holidays, December or January.  It sounded pretty cool but I was really on the fence about joining. I was just unsure about getting 5-7 sample sized products for $20 per month. Afterall I have very thick hair and how big would these samples be?  So I decided to hold off and wait to see some reviews of what people got in their first box. I believe the first shipments came out  in February and I was so jealous of what I saw on the video reviews.  I knew I wanted to be a subscriber and I was kicking myself for not subscribing when I had the chance. I tried to sign up but the list was sold out. I was on the mailing list so each month when the list opened up I would try to sign up and I missed it every time. According to the CurlBox twitter memberships were selling out each month within 30-40 minutes.  Fast forward to April.  Myleik, the owner of CurlBox, tweeted that the May CurlBox membership would be opening on the weekend and that it would be the biggest CurlBox yet. I knew I wanted one bad and that not only would I be on vacation when the CurlBox membership opened according to the email I received later but that I would be in a different time zone.  I knew I had to have a strategy to get on the list.  Yes it is that serious people.  The memberships opened up at 11 am EST April 7. I was in Hawaii at the time and they  are 6 hours behind EST.  No problem folks I set two different alarms to get up at 5am. It worked!!!!! I was able to secure a membership and wow just in time for the BIGGEST CURLBOX YET!!!!!!! This is Myleik's birth month so to celebrate she sent out the biggest best curlbox yet complete with gold confetti.  I felt like a little kid at a birthday party going home with the best goodie bag ever!! If there was ever any doubt about the value of subscription services the 3 full sized products alone show that this box is well worth the $20 per month.  I am so happy I finally got my CurlBox membership and I cant wait to try all these products and for all the future boxes that are to come.  You know each month I will post pics and information about the boxes and reviews of the products as I use them. Ok I have to go  play with these products. Stay tuned for other subscription box reviews for May. I still have 2 that I have not received yet : D. But I think this is my favorite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment