Thursday, May 3, 2012

April CurlKit


My April CurlKit 
 $20 Monthly Subscription Service 
available at www.curlkit.com

What was in My April CurlKit
-  Pookka Pure and Simple mango body butter
- Pooka Pure and Simple Hair butter
- Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
- Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
- Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-in Conditioner
- Jane Carter "Love Your Hair" pin
- Sofn' free Nothing But Cleansing Conditioner
- Sofn' Free Nothing but Curly Pudding
- Optimum Care Deep Conditioner
- Wide tooth Comb infused with Olive Oil


You guys know I love me some products.  I also love to try new products and getting surprises delivered to my door is one of my favorite things.  So when I heard about CurlKit I was very interested to say the least.  I also already get Birchbox, a monthly beauty subscription box ($10 per month www.birchbox.com) So I was familiar with how the subscription would work.  April was my first CurlKit delivery and it is full of things for me to try, it came in a silver box and it was all wrapped in pink tissue paper. Inside were hair items from well known companies like Jane Carter Solutions and Optimum. There were also items from companies I had not heard of like Pooka Pure and Simple.  These items were delivered just a few days before my Spring Break trip to Hawaii so I was very excited because I could take the sample sizes with me on vacation and try them all.  And that is exactly what I did.  I had tried the Jane Carter Solutions Conditioner before but not her other products.  I fell in love with both the leave-in conditioner and the nourish and shine. So much so in fact that when I went to the World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta this past weekend I made sure to buy them in the full sizes. I tried the Sofn' free Nothing But products in my daughter, KK's hair and it worked great.  So when I saw them at the World Natural Hair Show I purchased those items in full size as well. I really enjoy the whole "try before you buy" idea of the various subscription boxes.  I'll be the first to admit that being a product junkie has caused me to buy many products that I ended up not liking and either giving away at a product swap or just to friends.  With CurlKit and other services like it you can try the sample sizes of products and see if you like them before you invest in the full size.  The fees for these services are pretty good as well.  For example CurlKit is only $20 and many times there are also full sized products included in the kit so the value is usually much higher than the price you actually pay.  I was so happy with both my Birchbox subscription and my CurlKit subscription I have since added 3 new subscription services for May (see below for my new subscriptions) . As soon as I get them I will post pictures and reviews.  I am so excited to see all the goodies I get.  

So for May I will be getting 5 subscription boxes!!!
1.  Birchbox - beauty subscription $10per month  www.birchbox.com
2. CurlKit- natural hair subscription $20 per month www.curlkit.com
3.Curlbox- natural hair subscription $20 per month www.curlbox.com
4. My Shade of  Brown- beauty subscription for women of color $10 per month www.myshadeofbrown.com
5. The Look Bag- beauty subscription $10 per month www.thelookstore.com




No comments:

Post a Comment