Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jessicurl Confident Coils First Impression

Jessicurl Confident Coils

$14.95 for 8oz
Can be purchased at www.jessicurl.com or www.curlmart.com
This was given to me by my hair twin and best blogger ever Haley of derbycitynaturals.com

As you know I have been doing lots of experimenting recently.  I was getting a little bored and very curious about other products so I decided to step out on my first love and have a few hair affairs.  Enter Jessicurls Confident Coils.  I have tried a few of the Jessicurl conditioners and really liked them. But I had never tried one of the stylers, so I jumped at the chance to give this one a try. The consistency is of a watery cream gel. I co-washed my hair and applied Curls brand Cashmere Curls as my leave in and then sectioned my hair into 6 sections and applied the Confident Coils in the same manner as I always do raking and shaking as I go. I love the curls it gave me. As you can see in the picture my curls are popping.  It did not react well with the Curls Cashmere Curls leave in.  This picture was taken 2 hours after application of the product and my hair is still white. I did this WnG at night and about 3 hours after this pic was taken I wrapped my hair in my 100% silk scarf and went to bed. The next morning my hair was very dry feeling and frizzy there would have been no way to get second day hair. Again this may have been due to the leave in. I may experiment with this product further to see if it would do better with a different leave in.  So right now I would have to give this product a C+ because it does give really good curl definition..  

My hair 2 hours after application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment