Monday, March 12, 2012

Darcy's Botanicals Products

4oz $12  Plum Kernel Nectar
Available at www.darcysbotanicals.com
And many other online retailers
Also available in Louisville at Go Natural Boutique

I love love love every product I have ever purchased from Darcys Botanical. For starters almost every products is $12 and they all smell amazing.


Let's start with the Plum Kernel Nectar. This stuff is amazing!!!!! It is a light oil that smells like a warm vanilla custard even though there is no fragrance added. I use this product two ways. First to seal moisture I spray about 5 sprays into the palm of my hand after I have applied my leave in conditioner. I rub my palms together and lightly run my palms over the top of my hair and then I apply my gel of the day. This helps seal in moisture and keeps my hair from getting that crunchy feeling that gel can give you. The second way I use the Plum Kernel Nectar is as a refresher. On the second day after I have applied my gel and for up to the fifth day I will get my hair wet in the shower, not soaking wet, I just stick my head under the water real quick and then shake my hair to revive the curls. Once out of the shower I spray my whole head evenly with the Plum Kernel Nectar and I'm done. My hair is left feeling soft and smelling great. This is certainly a Product I never want to be without. Darcy does have other spray oils available on their website but this one is by far my favorite.


Daily Cleansing Cream $12 for 8 oz or $20 16oz
 Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner $12 for 8oz or $20 for 16oz

I love both of these products. The Daily Cleansing Cream is a sulfate free low lathering cleanser.  It is thick and creamy and feels very much like a conditioner.  The smell is like sweet candy.  I really enjoy using this on my hair it leaves it feeling soft and full of moisture.  Following up with a conditioner in certainly optional with this cleanser.  The Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner is actually the first product from Darcy's Botanical that I tried and after one sniff I was hooked.  It smells exactly like fresh baked pumpkin pie. I love it! It has great slip and does a wonderful job at adding moisture to your hair. My hair is left feeling like I have used a deep conditioner. This is one of those must have products. This is one of the conditioners that is always in my shower no matter what.  

Curling Cream Gel 8oz $12
Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream 8oz $12
Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting Cream- Glycerin Free 8oz $12

The styling products are just as great as the oils, cleanser and conditioner.  I have used the Curling Cream Gel on my oldest daughter for braid-outs and they turned out great. It smells like a watermelon jolly rancher and is like a creamy runny gel. For her very thick transitioning hair it worked great (see pic below)  I have used the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream for twist outs on my youngest daughter. It is very thick and great for hair that craves butters. (see pic below)  The Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting cream is excellent for twisted styles. It is like a thick lotion and keeps the hair twisted and seals in moisture very well.  I can leave my daughters twists in for two weeks and not have to add any products to her hair. (pics below)

Minnie with braid-out done with the Curling Cream Gel

KK with a twist out done with Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream

KK with twists done with Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting Cream








No comments:

Post a Comment