Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WnG Girl Tries 2 Strand Twists

You can tell by the look on my face I'm not really feeling the twists

I sectioned my hair into 6 sections and started twisting from the back
Side view of pinned back twists

Showing the shrinkage 

The summer has come and with it my opportunity to try new hair styles.  As promised I am bringing it all to you as it happens.  I decided my first adventure beyond my regular and now perfected wash and go (WnG) style would be the ever popular 2 strand twist.  Now in the 10 months since my big chop I have tried this style 2 other times.  Both times I was disappointed.  The first time was back in November and my hair just seemed too short and when I took the twists out my hair was very frizzy. I did not like it at all. Fast forward to February and I tried them again with much of the same frizz. Now that my hair is much longer I wanted to try again.  I started by co-washing my hair then adding Curls Cream Brulee as my leave-in conditioner, CoCo Curls as my styler and I sealed my ends with Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Butter. I will say the process with alot faster than the other times I tried. It took me and hour and a half from beginning to end.  When I finally finished I can say it was strange to see myself in the mirror and see my hair in twists because I am so used to my WnG big fluffy curls.  I don't hate the way it looks but it is very different than what I am used to.  My hair feels really good, it is soft and the twists feel very smooth. It is fun to pull on them and see the length of my hair.  I have no idea how it will look in a twist out. I hope it will not be the frizzy mess that I had when I tried the twists before. We will see. I really don't have alot going on this week so I think I will leave the twists in for about 4 days and then I will try a twist out style. I will post pics and info on how I style my hair.  And be on the look out for lots of other hair adventures while I am off on vacation from work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment