Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Natural Hair Style: Coils and Coil Out

1st day with Coils 

Coils done by Regina @ Natural Alternatives Salon
1949 Bardstown Rd 
Louisville, KY 40205
502-473-8882

About a week ago I went into Natural Alternative Salon to see my girl Regina (GG) to get my hair washed and styled.  I wanted to try something new so we decided that coils would be a great change from my usual wash and go style. Now I am no stranger to Natural Alternatives salon. I have visited this upscale natural salon many times. As a matter of fact this is where almost a year ago GG did my big chop.  I absolutely love Natural Alternative Salon.  All four stylists ( Regina, Dakota, Shaha and T'ana) are all very professional and know their craft very well.  Then there is the always happy and welcoming owner Jimmy.  This is the only salon I have ever been to that offers you not only high-end waters such as Voss but also Mimosas and other wine and champagne based beverages.  All of the equipment and products are top of the line and cutting edge. You simply can not go wrong in choosing this salon no matter which stylist you select.  But let's get back to my coils... Regina washed and conditioned my hair as I lounged in the luxury recliner style leather seat with a shampoo bowl that adjusts to fit each client. After that GG began doing my coils.  I was in and out in about 2 hours.  I wore my coils for 5 days and then went back to let GG do my coil-out. Below is a picture of my second day coil-out.  All in all my salon experience was wonderful as always and as far as coils, it was a nice break from the WnG. If you would like to see a video of my coils or my coil out find me on YouTube under Nurekad

2nd day coil out




No comments:

Post a Comment